Saturday, May 24, 2008

sad in philly


well, on wednesday we got a phone call that my mother-in-law had been hospitalized and had been put on life support. she is only 55 and this came as a big shock. we booked a flight for the next day to philadelphia and made arrangements for our girls to stay with my folks. this morning i got a phone call from a friend who was checking in our dog that our house had been burglarized. they took 14 baitcasters, 2 spinning reels, 16 rods, 3 fly rods reels and cases, a few thousand dollars in hard and soft baits and terminal tackle, 4 shotguns, 4 rifles, 2 hand guns, hundreds of dollars in ammo, three professional cameras, 4 nikkor lenses and flash, all my wifes jewelry (including her wedding and engagement rings), and other stuff. not even close to as important as the situation here in philly but it does add to the stress. we are resting in the fact that God is good and that all things work for his eternal purpose. we could use everyones prayers. fishing and hunting could be put on hold for sometime now so dont expect many new post for awhile.

7 comments:

Steve Dobson said...

So sorry. My thoughts are with you and yours.

The Father of Five said...

Wow... that is really rough...

I'll keep your family in our thoughts and prayers....

Good Luck with the burglary too...

Auntie J said...

That's crazy! Well, all you probably need to do is keep an eye out on your local craigslist for a while until the guy tries to sell some or all of that, right? Cause could he really pawn all that fishing stuff? Or maybe ebay...

I'm really sorry, what a nightmare. Give hugs to Leah from me...

Vince said...

condolences re: leah's mom.

NoGoodGuitarPicker said...

That stinks all-around. Hope they catch the jerk who did this and GIVE 'EM HECK!

Tony said...

Not called in for a while, so sorry to here your bad news , hope everything works out OK
Tony

Ragin-Cajun said...

I just read your last post. I certainly hope things get better for you, your family and your mother in law. I'll keep you all in my prayers.