Monday, May 21, 2012

last day rainbows

It was my last day for fishing. I went back to the nantahala and started the day off with an olive wollybugger. At the first hole I quickly caught two fat rainbows and one big brook trout. I switched to a San Juan worm and moved down stream to a hole that had been productive earlier in the week. I caught five more rainbows and a couple of Brooks on the worm. I then switched to a nymph and caught another nice brook. It was a beautiful sunny day and there was a good fly hatch in progress so I decided to move upstream to a slow moving shallow section of the river to cast a dry fly. I put on a caddis fly and went to work. I had two brookies rise and caught both to end my day and headed in early to spend the day with the family. It was a wonderful and relaxing vacation. I can't wait to get back up there.

No comments: