Wednesday, July 11, 2012

joe on the flats

Joe is moving to Idaho next month and wanted to get in one more flats fishing trip before he leaves. He will soon be in trout fishing and waterfowl hunting paradise but last week I took him and Johnny down to my old stomping grounds of Little Gasparilla. Once again I forgot to take my camera so the pictures are a compilation of our three phone cameras. It was a full moon and the tide was strong which made for some good fishing. We caught reds, snook, trout, snapper, and jack crevalle. Our number one goal was to get Joe a nice redfish. He caught the first and largest red. Johnny lost a bruiser of a red next to the boat. We had a wonderful lunch at the Gasparilla Marina courtesy of Joe. We all agreed it was a very successful trip. Good luck to Joe as he moves to Idaho. Hopefully I will be out there soon to visit with fly rod in one hand and shotgun in the other.

No comments: