Thursday, March 14, 2013

turkey scout II




























Johnny and I went scouting again on Monday. We took bikes this time and went much deeper into the swamp. The green swamp is much more beautiful than I had imagined. I could have wondered around in there all day. I can't believe I haven't been taking advantage of this place all these years when it is so close to home. We were very surprised by the six foot alligator we almost ran in to. We found a nice spot that is loaded with turkey tracks. We even saw a few turkeys. We got a little lost but finally got our bearings and found our way out. At the truck I found five ticks already embedded in my skin and removed them. Johnny had two. I guess his blood is not as sweet as mine, go figure. We don't have a permit for Saturday or Sunday but we will be there first thing Monday morning. 

No comments: