Monday, May 21, 2012

johnny and finn's first trout

Johnny and his wife Destiny joined us this year on our annual north carolina family vacation. This was Johnny's first real fly fishing trip and we both had high expectations. Day one we went to the nantahala river. While rigging up I noticed that my small fishing/hunting camera was not working so I had to use my iphone to document the first day of fishing. Sorry for the crappy pics. Johnny caught the first fish of the day, a nice rainbow trout. It was fun watching him get used to the fast moving water, learn to read the river and work a drift. I caught three fish; a rainbow, a brook, and a brown. All three trout species in the river. I guess we could call that a "nantahala slam".
Back at the cabin finn wanted to go fishing. I helped him make a few casts and he caught a small rainbow. He was ecstatic.

No comments: